This is my newest addiction! Terry Zila, a well known chef in the culinary industry, introduced me to this recipe and I had to share! Of course, I put my own FIT twist on it by subbing turkey bacon and light mayo for the aioli. But check it out… it is tasty and a hit at parties!
1 pound U-20 uncooked shrimp
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 pound turkey bacon, cut crosswise into halves
1) Pre-heat over broiler
2) Make sure your shrimp are thawed and then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and cayenne.
3) Wrap each shrimp with a half of piece of the bacon. Arrange on a cookie sheet and place in oven.
Pre-cooked bacon wrapped shrimp
4) Broil the bacon wrapped shrimp, turning occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes until bacon is crisp and the shrimp turn pink.
Lemon Garlic and Basil Aioli
2 cups light mayonnaise
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons mashed roasted garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 ounce chopped basil
1) Combine all ingredients by whisking or placing in a food blender.
2) Chill for at least 20 minutes and serve on the side
Turkey bacon wrapped shrimp with lemon basil aioli
There are quiet a few variations you can do with this as well. I added cayenne to mine and capers to the aioli one time too. Get creative in the kitchen…it’s half the fun!
Calories: 45 per shrimp with 1 tbsp. aioli
Fat: 2 per shrimp with 1 tbsp aioli